Onboarding to the eHealth Exchange
Any organization can utilize the specifications adopted by participating organizations in the eHealth Exchange. Organizations interested in becoming a participant eHealth Exchange community should follow these simple steps to get started:
- Become familiar with the Data Use and Reciprocal Support Agreement (DURSA) and verify that your organization can satisfy the provisions in the agreement. The DURSA Policy Assumptions document outlines the key policy assumptions which underscore the agreement.
- Review the Operating Policies and Procedures (OPPs) and ensure your organization meets the Participant eligibility criteria as described in Operating Policy and Procedure #1 - Review and Disposition of Applications for Participation.
- Orient your organization with the Validation Plan and related test cases and testing materials which will be used to validate that your system satisfies the technical requirements for participation in the eHealth Exchange.
- Identify the business use case and related Specifications applicable to your organization's transaction patterns.
- Application (New Applicants: The Testing Services Agreement is included in the Application)
- Data Use and Reciprocal Support Agreement (DURSA)
- Participation Agreement
- Testing Services Agreement
- Testing Readiness Checklist
- Onboarding Package (includes all of the above documents in a single zip file)
Materials Incorporated by Reference Into the DURSA
- Operating Policies and Procedures Currently in Effect
- Sunset OPPs
- Interim Validation Plan
- Validation Plan
eHealth Exchange Participant Testing Program - For Applicants
This program is for organizations that wish to participate in the eHealth Exchange to validate the compliance of their health information technology (HIT) with the eHealth Exchange Performance and Service Specifications. The testing process is outlined on this page.
eHealth Exchange Product Testing Program - For Vendors
This program launched as of March 1, 2014 and is for vendors that want to test their products for conformance and interoperability.
Educational & Guidance Materials